Hold a Food Drive
How to Conduct a Food & Fund Drive
Step 1: Gain approval from your company or organization (if necessary).
Step 2: Determine a start and end date.
*Note: We require at least two(2) business days notice for new food drives. We’re happy to deliver your food drive materials to your location during our regular delivery schedule on the following days (subject to change due to Holiday closures):
- Lahaina — Mondays and Thursdays
- Kihei — Tuesdays and Fridays
- Upcountry — Fridays
- Central Maui — Monday–Friday
Step 3: Set a goal to raise $5 or more per participant. Choose one or more of the ideas in our guide or create your own to reach your goal, and communicate that goal to your group!
Step 4: Register your event with Maui Food Bank by submitting the form below, or by calling us at (808) 243-9500.
Step 5: Promote, promote, promote! People don’t know if you don’t tell them. Put the MFB logo on your flyers, emails, and additional promotional items. Don’t forget to tag us on social media too! We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! #mauifoodbank
Register a Food Drive with MFB
What does setting up a Food & Fund Drive involve?
- If expected poundage is over 100 lbs, the Maui Food Bank will drop off and pick up all materials (bins, banners, posters, fish bowls, etc.).
- Is your bin full? Call MFB and we will be happy to send a driver over to trade your full bin out during your drive.
- Promote, promote, promote!
- Keep the Maui Food Bank updated on your progress. If you have any questions or concerns, our staff is by your side!
- Be sure to thank those who donated to your event! They will receive a Mahalo card from MFB, but it’s always nice to come from the organizers themselves.